Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Demonhunters or Eldar

So for the next 2 weekends I have GT level, golden ticket issuing tournaments coming up.


 

I have Neoncon's Slaughter on the Strip in Las Vegas next weekend, and Da Boyz GT in Rochester NY the weekend after that.


 

So I was planning on playing my Foot Eldar, but I am getting tired of them. I get tired of armies really quickly and I switch them out often. I am thinking about playing my Demonhunters. Maybe it is my subconscious that has self defeating tendencies and does not want me to win a golden ticket. It makes me take armies that might not be the very best for tournament play. My very first army was a space wolf army and here I am looking at a sea of space wolves with 15 terminators, 5 rhino chassis with forge world doors, land raiders, scored of grey hunters, 20 wolf scouts etc. Do I play them? Nope! At this point I am glad that I do not own a Necron army or I might be whipping them out.


 

Here is the Demonhunters list that I am thinking about:


 

Da Boyz GT in 1850 points


 

HQ

Inquisitor Lord w/Psycannon, Psychic Hood, Melta Bombs, Emperor's tarot, Null Rod

2 Sages

3 Mystics

3 Familiars

2 Warriors w/Heavy Bolters

1 Warrior w/Plasma Cannon


 

Grey Knight Hero/Brother Captain w/Psycannon

2 Grey Knight Terminators w/Psycannon

1 Grey Knight Terminator w/Thunderhammer, Storm Shield


 

Elite

Callidus Assassin


 

Troops

3 Grey Knights

2 Grey Knights w/Psycannons

1 Justicar


 

5 Stormtroopers w/2 Melta Guns

Chimera w/Multi-laser, Hull Heavy Bolter


 

5 Stormtroopers w/2 Plasma Guns

Chimera w/Multi-laser, Hull Heavy Bolter


 

5 Stormtroopers w/2 Plasma Guns

Chimera w/Multi-laser, Hull Heavy Bolter


 

Heavy Support

Land Raider

Land Raider

1850 Points.


 

I do not like it, but I am getting squeezed for points. I want a much bigger assault presence and take a GK Grandmaster and a full 4 terminators so I have one unit that can do some damage in assault. I also want one for GKPA to fill out the squad a little.

1 comment:

  1. Have you looked at inducting a guard platoon instead of your storm troopers in chimeras (and probably a land raider)?

    Cheaper chimeras with 5 fire points.

    Cheaper heavy weapons.

    Can do a blob with commisar for holding a home objective.

    special weapons squads have more damage potential.

    ReplyDelete