Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Broadside Bash!

Well, it is time to get ready for the Broadside Bash. It will be my first chance to try to qualify for Vegas. I do not like my chances though with soft scores for Comp and Sportsmanship. I will bring a comp-friendly list and you will see how I will get killed on comp.

I thought about not posting my list, but what the heck, I will put it out there.

Here it is, 2000 points of Eldar:

HQ

Avatar

Farseer, Singing Spear, Spirit Stones, Stone of Warding, Doom, Guide, Fortune

Elite

6 Harliquins w/2 Fusion Pistols, 6 kisses

Shadowseer W/Kiss

Troupe Leader w/Power Weapon

Troops

10 Guardians w/Bright Lance

10 Guardians w/Bright Lance

10 Guardians w/Bright Lance

Warlock w/Conceal, Singing Spear


3 Jetbikes w/Shuriken Cannon

Warlock w/Singing Spear, Destructor


Fast Attack

7 Warp Spiders

Warp Spider Exarch w/2 Death Spinners, Power Blades, Withdrawl


7 Warp Spiders

Warp Spider Exarch w/2 Death Spinners, Power Blades, Withdrawl


Heavy Support

Wraithlord w/Brightlance, Missile Launcher, 2 Flamers

Wraithlord w/Brightlance, Missile Launcher, 2 Flamers


3 War Walkers w/Scatter Lasers


Since it is a comp tournament I am dropping Eldrad to try to be a bit more comp friendly.

I got the idea for this army after I played in the Wild West Shootout. I was messaging Darth Diggler who is a very good player from the Chicago area who I played a couple of years ago at the 'Ard Boyz finals in Baltimore. He was telling me that he was running a list like mine, so I added some of the elements that he was using, and then putting my own twist on it.

If you remember my WWSO list, I added a Falcon and some Fire Dragons for added anti-tank to go with the Guardian's Brightlances. In this list I added the Wraithlords in the anti-tank role. Since they take up the heavy support slots that I was using for the massed War Walkers I added the Warp Spiders to make up for some of the lost firepower.

I first used the Warp Spiders in last year's 'Ard Boyz http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/250049.page. I really like the way they worked. They have a lot of mobility and are able to get into combat when you need it and they can put down a ton of strength 6 shooting at BS 4. There are some downsides to them though, and that has to do with their 12" range for shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment