Monday, March 12, 2012

Blackmoor goes to the BAO


Sorry for the lack of updates, but I am without internet access until next weekend.

So last weekend I took advantage of the player base in LA I went to the Game Empire RTT in Pasadena last Sat. and I went 1-1-1. I played my BAO list with some minor modifications since I could not get my printer to work. I was upset at it because the RTT was at 1850 points just like the Adepticon Championships and I want to try out my list for that. Oh well. But 1-1-1 bodes well that there will be some good competition here to keep my game play sharp. I was tempted to go to Thou Shalt Game in Temecula CA, but I was wiped out, and dead tired so I did not want to take the time for the long drive and 4 rounds. Also I just played 7 games with the BAO format (and 10 games overall last weekend) so I wanted to take it easy and check out the local talent.

So at the BAO I went 6-1. I lost to the winner Christian’s Euro Mech IG. I was winning on turns 5 and 6, but I could not shoot his stupid Vendetta down that I had been shooting at all game, and he contested my Capture and Control objective so he had his, he had the Objectives, and I had Kill Points. Oh well.

I ended up tying for 2nd place but the tie breaker was strength of schedule and I guess he had a stronger schedule than I did (although he did not play the winner and highest score Christian), so that dropped me to 2nd and I did not even win best grey knight!

Oh well. I might put up some batreps when I get the internet set up, but I am really busy right now with my move and everything. I joined a league here and I am playing my Eldar, but before I get to fancy I need to finish my Grey Knights for Adepticon.  

3 comments:

  1. The guy who got 2nd is one of the locals in my area. That gk list is brutal. Congrats on another excellent tournament!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1-1-1.... sounds like you are slipping. Not sure you can stay on my bucket list if you keep that up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take it easy at RTTs.

    When I am playing at GTs is when I step up my game.

    The funny this is that I dropped the Psybolt ammo in my strikes and interceptor squad and added a Dred to my BAO list, and I would have been better off with playing a 100 points down with the BAO setup. Psybolt ammo is that important to the army.

    ReplyDelete