Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dark Eldar at the Sprue Posse GT

So I was going to go to the Ironman GT in Las Vegas last week to practice up for the Sprue Posse GT to learn and practice my Dark Eldar. The problem was that the War Store had a large sale and I did not get my box of goodies until a day before the Ironman. Since all models have to be painted, I did not even get to the point where they were even assembled.

Lucky for me, the Sprue Posse GT did not require you to have painted models. It did factor into a lot of points, but I was not going there to win the tournament.

My army:
 

HQBaron Von Hellion
 

Archon w/Agoniser, Haywire Grenades, Combat Drugs, Soul Trap, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Shadow
Field.

Elites9 Incubi
Raider w/Shock Prow, Enhanced Aether Sails, Grisly Trophies, Night Shields, Flickerfield 

Troops5 Kabilite Warriors w/Blaster
1 Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons, Night Shields

5 Kabilite Warriors w/Blaster
1 Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons, Night Shields

19 Kabilite Warriors w/2 Dark Lances, Blaster
1 Sybarite w/Agoniser

9 Wyches w/Hydra Gauntlets, Shardnet and Impaler, Haywire Grenades
1 Hekatrix w/Agoniser
Raider w/Shock Prow, Enhanced Aether Sails, Grisly Trophies, Night Shields, Flickerfield

8 Hellions
1 Helliarch w/Phantasm Grenade Launcher. Agoniser 

Heavy SupportRavager w/Night Shields, Flickerfield
Ravager w/Night Shields, Flickerfield

Razorwing Jetfighter w/2 Monosythe Missiles, 2 Shatterfield Missiles, Splinter Cannon, Night Shields, Flickerfield

So there you have it. I took a list with a little bit of shooting, and a little bit of assault. The army does not really dominate any aspect. I changed it around at the last moment because I did not get ten of my Hellions assembled in time, so I just added some wargear (which is never a good idea).

How I am planning on winning?

A lot of people know that you win by assault, shooting or a little bit of both. With the exceptions of the Hellions with a 3+ cover save, 20 Warriors in cover and the Incubi, everything else is pretty fragile. So I thought that I would use the one thing that I have going for me which is speed. The plan is to use the Night Shields to stay at range and limit return fire, and then move my whole army to concentrate on a small segment of my opponents army. For example, if you are going up against an army that is spread out across the board, you would move to the far right and work to eliminate the part of the army that is closest to you, while staying out of range of the units on the far left. Now I will prove that it is easy to say, but hard to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment