Sunday, April 24, 2011

First tournament with the Grey Knights

So I went to the local game store (Empire Games of Mesa, AZ) for a 1000 point tournament yesterday. It was a quick 3 round affair.

This is the Army I took:
HQ
Librarian w/Warding Staff, 2 Servo Skulls, Shrouding, Sanctuary, Might of Titian, Quicksilver and Master Crafting.

Elite
6 Purifiers w/3 Halberds, 2 Incinerators and Master Crafted Force Sword
Razorback w/TL Heavy Bolter, Psybolt Ammo

Troops
6 Grey Knight Strike Squad w/Psycannons, Psybolt Ammo
Razorback w/TL Heavy Bolter, Psybolt Ammo

5 Terminators w/Demonhamer, Master Crafted Halberd, Psycannon

Heavy Support
Dreadnaught w/2 Autocannons, Psybolt Ammo

So why did I take the units that I selected? The reason why is that I wanted to try out the new units and see how they do in the table top. This gave me a good cross section of units to try out and see how they perform, and boy did learn a lot! There is some strength to the new list (mostly coming in the form of point reductions), and I learned the hard way about the weaknesses. 

I will post up the batreps later on this week.

2 comments:

  1. Did you mistype the list; You can only have one Psycannon in the Strike squad? That is one expensive Libby for a 1000 point game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mistyped. I still have Demonhunters on my mind.

    ReplyDelete