Sunday, February 7, 2010

Adepticon 2010


Here is my schedule for Adepticon 2010:

Thursday's Schedule

I plan on getting to the hotel around 6:00pm. I will socialize with people and perhaps help them set up.

I want to try to sneak in to the 40k Tactics Boot Camp Level 1 on Thursday from 8:00pm to 9:30pm. The 2 instructors are Shawn Kemp and Jay Woodcock. I don't think I ever played Shawn before, but I beat Jay in Baltimore GT in 2007. I will not say anything, I just want to sit in the back of the room.

Friday

Adepticon Gladiator 9:00 am to 10:00 pm. I am not a big fan of the Gladiator, but nothing else is going on then.

Then from 10:00 pm to 12:00 am I am taking Chris Borer's seminar "Stepping up your game: Painting to a Competition Level". I have always wanted to take a seminar (normally I am playing in tournaments, but this year they have a few seminars after the games). My painting scores are in the middle of the road, and that is one aspect of the hobby I really want to improve on. Especially when I have a project like the Pre-Heresy Thousand Son's coming up.

Saturday

Set up our Team Tournament army and check in at 7:00 am. Then go with my fellow Dakka Dakka 1 teammates to breakfast. This is the first time we will all be together since last year, and the first time we discuss strategy and tactics for an army that we have never played before. Then we play from 9:00 am to 9:30 pm. Then it is off to the swap shop and try to see if I can get a deal on some stuff. Then I hope dinner with the tournament regulars.


 

Sunday

Time for the Adepticon Championships from 7:00 am to 4:30 pm. Then I just signed up for the poker tournament from 9:00 pm to ?


 

Monday

I hope to go to one last breakfast with the boys, then a flight at noon to take me home.


 

That is a lot of stuff this time. I am normally wiped out by Saturday night, and Sunday is like the Bataan Death March. I am very happy that I am not rushing out of there to get to a plane on Sunday night like I normally do, and I can take my time and leave Monday.


 

One of my big problems is that my normal schedule is that I go to bed late, and sleep in (I am typing this at 3:12 am), so when I go to Adepticon, not only do I have to wake up very, very early, but with the time zone difference means that I am really jet lagged. Last year I did not socialize much because I was so tired, I just went to my room, but I could not fall asleep because it was too early.


 

This year I will try a couple of things. I need to exercise a bit to get in shape for a 4-day, 11 game marathon, and I will try to go to bed early and wake up early so my internal clock will be on Adepticon time.


 


 

5 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about the jet lag. Being on Pacific time it's really bad. What army are you guys running this year for the team tourney?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yakface does not let up play MEQs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year was our first year at Adepticon. We opted for the combat patrol as an icebreaker to the event, then we did the team tourney thing. We had 'planned' on playing in the 40k Championships but ended up eating the fee...we were so farking wiped out. That's alot of gaming/standing on feet for 3 days....

    Not to mention hanging around after the team tourney for awards...and watch a GW rep show us models we had seen 2 months before on Seer =). At one point the rep actually said "You guys aren't excited about these or what?" and some guy yelled "WE HAVE THE INTERNET". lol

    ReplyDelete