Thursday, February 17, 2011

Demonhunters for the Realm RTT on 2/19

I am headed down to Orange Country to Brea Ca for an RTT on Sat to test out my demonhunter list I am taking to Adepticon. I made a couple of changes from what I had last time.

HQ
Grey Knight Grand Master w/Master Crafted Weapon, Psychic Hood, Psycannon
w/Retinue
1 Terminator w/Psycannon
1 Terminator w/Thunderhammer/Stormshield (very crappy version)
2 Terminators
I went with Michael Hogan's suggestion and went with the retinue instead of the terminator squad. It is a trade off because I lost the brother-captain (and an attack) and a psycannon. I gained losing the Independent Character status of the Grandmaster. That means that he can’t be singled out in combat, but it also means that he can’t split up from the unit until they are dead.

Troops
4 Grey Knights
2 Grey Knights w/Psycannons
1 Justicar

4 Grey Knights
2 Grey Knights w/Psycannons
1 Justicar

Imperial Guard Platoon
Jr Officer
4 Command Squad w/4 Flamers
Chimera w/Multi-laser/Heavy Bolter

7 Imperial Guardsmen
2 Heavy Weapon Gunners w/Lascannon
1 Sergeant
Chimera w/Multi-laser/Heavy Bolter

7 Imperial Guardsmen
2 Heavy Weapon Gunners w/Lascannon
1 Sergeant
Chimera w/Multi-laser/Heavy Bolter

5 Stormtroopers w/2 Melta Guns
I took off the special weapons off of the IG squads (a plasma gun and a melta gun) and took the savings from the terminator retinue and added stormtroopers with 2 Melta Guns. This adds some BS 4 tank killing, a scoring unit and something to go into the other land raider.

Heavy Support
Land Raider w/Extra Army
Land Raider

4 comments:

  1. Looks good on paper. I'll be interested to see how it does at the RTT.

    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you put your stormtroopers in the Landraiders? You can't do that. Only Grey Knights can ride in Grey Knight Landraiders. Check your codex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you might be right. It sure is odd writing in the codex though that makes them GK only.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah crap and that helped you to pull a draw against me.

    ReplyDelete