Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Blackmoor goes to the Broadside Bash


Well it is that time of the year again for the Broadside Bash. I did not attend it last year because I hate the comp system. Two years ago another player and I played foot eldar and we got hammered on player judged comp scoring. So I was not going this year, but because of my reporting for 40k UK I try to take in as many events as I can so I signed up for it.

So now I am in the middle of a move back to LA and I am really busy, but I bought my tickets a while ago before I accepted this new job. I did not have any time to work on my army so I just took Chaos that I had no interest in playing. So what happened was that I just had too much stuff going on and I had to drop out after the second game.

Now here is a slightly funny story
I was driving home from LA to Phoenix and my car broke down in Fontana CA. I was about 100 miles away from where I stay in LA, and 250 miles from my home in Phoenix. I have a hybrid and what happens is that my engine shuts off in the middle of the freeway and has a warning on the dashboard that says “please pull over immediately”, as if the engine shutting off did not achieve that result.  It did this a couple of times and I took it to the Ford dealer and I was waiting for 3 hours for them to see what was wrong with it. Well, they told me that it was a water pump that cools the electric engine. I knew that is what it was because the same thing happened to me on the way back from wargames con in July, and it is a known problem with Hybrid Escapes. Well he left me in the waiting room to long because I hatched a plan B if I did not like what he was going to tell me about the repairs. So when he told me that it would be $700 to fix it, and that they would need a day to get the part so I would have to spend the night in a hotel and miss a day of work, it was time to execute plan B! So I went to the closest Toyota dealer and bought a new car. I traded in my Escape and I got a good price for it. The $700 defect cannot be found until you are driving for a while on the freeway (like I always am) so I just saved the money that I would have spent on a car repair, and just got a new car. When I woke up in the morning I had no idea that I was going to end the night driving home in something other than the car I had driven for the last 5 years. The funny thing is that I bought the car late last night and I had no idea was color it even was until I saw it this morning. I thought it was a dark metallic blue and it was a dark metallic grey that is almost black.   

1 comment: