Saturday, March 20, 2010

Death by Adepticon!!!


So I was going over my schedule and I have more than a full weekend ahead of me.


 

Thursday

I fly into Midway at 3:45pm and hitch a ride with my teammates Yackface and Jathkin to Lombard, IL.

I have a seminar that night where we will be discussing tactics, and after that I will be playing a demo game against Spacecurves who is the captain of the American ETC team.


 

Friday

I start my day with the Gladiator Tournament. Not my favorite event by any means, but there is nothing else going on during the day, and I have to play in it if I want to be a part of the ETC.

Then after that wraps up at 10:00pm I am going to Golden Demon winner Chris Borer's seminar on how to paint better. I want to get some tips on painting red and gold for my upcoming pre-heresy Thousand Sons. That seminar should get out around midnight.


 

Saturday

This is where the pain begins. I am use to going to bed at 1 or 2am Pacific Time, so when I go to Chicago I just lay in bed until my body knows it's time for sleep which is 3:00am Central Time.

Then I get up to play in the Team Tournament at 6:30am (4:30am PST). They want us down there and set up at 7:00am. Then what we do before the first game at 9:00am is go to breakfast together. Since team Dakka Dakka Detachment #1 is one of the rare teams that do not live near each other, this is our one time to go over the army, and have a brief talk about strategy. For the first time we are going to be joined by team Dakka Dakka Detachment #2 at the breakfast, and we will try to help them out as much as possible.

Then 4 more games and we get out at 10:00pm. This is the one time I have to go out to dinner with all of the tournament regulars I see around at all of major tournaments. Since GW canceled their GTs we don't have a chance to really hang out anymore and this is the one time we are together.


 

Sunday

So after a late dinner, we are up again at 6:30am (4:30 pst) and get ready for the 40K championships that start at 7:00am.

I am glad that I took Monday off and I do not have to run to the Airport like I always have to do on Sunday night, and I can relax a bit.

Then later that night they are having an after con mixer/poker tournament that I signed up for.


 

Monday

I get to sleep in and take my time heading to the airport.

I will say the same thing that I always do like "I am never going to play in all of the 40k games again".


 

I love Adepticon, but I am glad it is only once a year, because that is way too much gaming. Normally I swear off gaming for a few months afterwards, but I have to head to LA in 3 weeks to play in the Slaughter in Space.


 


 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment